Сообщество людей, увлеченных авиацией
planes
Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 14:47

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Пилот на Bonanza пролетел под Эйфелевой башней
СообщениеДобавлено: 10 янв 2013, 12:29 
Администратор

Современный Чкалов. Судя по его рассказу партизан. Полет был осуществлен 31 марта 1984 года. Ниже выдержка из рассказа пилота на английском.

The photographer met me at the airplane on the morning of March 31, 1984, at Le Bourget Airport, home to Lindbergh's landing some 60 years ago. As he wandered around the airplane becoming more and more nervous, I sensed he would back out of the flight. Some ideas sound great after a bottle of wine but lose their brilliance in the cold light of day. He didn't want to risk his life on some silly, possibly suicidal flight. But then he looked into the airplane and suddenly settled down and was ready. (I later learned that the idea of the flight terrified him until he saw a $75 French ham I had put in the back of the airplane to bring back to Miami. He figured that no one with any sense would spend that kind of money on a ham before going on a suicide run.)

I filed a visual flight plan to Shannon, Ireland, and we set off on our adventure, camera running. Dickie had a VHF radio and stood at the base of the tower. He would give me last minute information about safety in the event the authorities had caught wind of our idea. I made contact with him only to learn my way remained clear. Just as I had planned, I slid over the shoulder of the Ecole Militaire, lined up down the grassy pathway, and swooped through the span at about 11:15 on the morning of March 31, 1984.

It was a beautiful spring morning with maybe 5,000 people around the park and immediate area of the Eiffel Tower. In a few short minutes word spread to everyone that someone had flown through the Tower. Though not everyone saw the airplane, lots of people knew about it in short order.

After clearing the city of Paris, I landed at a small dirt strip north of the city and dropped off the cameraman.

The French authorities censored the story and no one printed a word about it until about 10 days later when the news value had died to near zero. People magazine did a story in the United States in late April of 1984.

I made only one mistake. Instead of doing the flight on the 31st of March, I should have waited one more day.
Robert J. Moriarty

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа